Last two weeks we have been receiving reports from users missing the BlackBery Bridge icon on their PlayBook. When opening Url’s from their Bridged mail a message is shown stating:
“Your wireless service provider does not support sharing your BlackBerry smartphone Internet connection with this tablet. You can use your BlackBerry smartphone to view this page”.
All the users are on a BES international subscription from a big wireless provider. After some investigation I discovered:
- Not all users are experiencing the issue;
- The issue isn’t PlayBook related, using another PlayBook does not solve the issue;
- The issue seems BlackBerry smartphone related;
This turned my attention to the BlackBerry Bridge software. Some more digging and testing showed:
- Only devices with a recent install of the BlackBerry Bridge through App World are affected, devices who received (the same version) of BlackBerry Bridge a few weeks earlier are not showing this issue;
- Affected devices have extra modules ending with “_entitlement” as part of their Bridge installation when compared with devices who received the software through App World a few weeks earlier;
- New installs (tested on 13-06) of BlackBery Bridge through App World contain the extra “_entitlement” modules;
- The Bridge version provides by RIM for push trough BlackBerry Enterprise Server (currently 184.108.40.206) does not contain these “_entitlement” modules.
In this case a complete removal of the Bridge software and a push of the BES version to the device resolves the issue.